Monday, February 28, 2011

Five years down, two more to go!

I finally made it through Year 5.  See my review in the link above.  It was tough. So glad it's done.  I was going to take a break and read The Time-Travellers Wife but I didn't feel like investing in new characters just yet, and that book is rather confusing in the way it's written.  I will read it some time soon, though.  Instead, I'm about 20 pages into Year 6.  I will be really happy to finish this up!

On a teachery note, I got my unofficial pink slip last week from the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources of all people.  It was positive though, and it was not a surprise.  I'm on a temporary contract, so they have to do this.  I have to wait until April or May when all the retirees have said "See ya!" or other people move around.  They seemed hopeful.  We'll see.  I'm still going to start collecting letters of recommendation and keep my eyes open for other opportunities.  Who knows?  Maybe this our chance to get out of the valley for a little and go explore new, warmer places (that all have Sherwin Williams stores, of course).

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm still sorry to hear about the pink slip, expected or not. I'm sure things will work out with your job, and if not in Tulare, then wherever you're meant to be. It may be cheesy, but as the say, "It's always good in the end. And if it's not good, it's not the end!"

    I'm also really glad he offered to watch the movies with you!! That's really sweet of him, haha! Do you still have snacks from the Bachelorette Party?? That will make for a great afternoon. :) Hope all is well, take care, and I miss you!

    -me

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis