Monday, May 9, 2011

... so, .... hi ...

It's been a while.  I really meant to stop by more, visit some.  A lot has happened, and I'm really sorry I've been neglecting you.  I have very few excuses beyond regular day-to-day busyness.  It's lame, I know, but I really am sorry.

Update on the job front:
Last week I was offered a job at a middle school in a small town about 35 minutes west of here.  It's not a dream job to say the least and it would be about a $7,000 pay cut, which is NOT something we would welcome any time soon.  It was, however, a job, so it must be considered.  The more I thought about it the more I really wanted to turn it down even though I did (and still don't) know for sure if I get to come back here next year.  I was supported by the ones that matter when it came to the decision, so I turned it down.  I was then told by my current administration that the odds of coming back are VERY likely and I should know for sure by the end of this week, next week at the very latest.  In the meantime, I've still been looking, still letting the dream of an English job in SLO roll around in my head.  If this doesn't work out, I will be actively pursuing jobs outside of education in the Fresno area.  The hubby works up there and many of our college friends are still up there.  It would be nice.

Update on the reading front:
I've been doing much better!  I finished Water for Elephants as previously posted and took another little break.  I have started reading the novels that my classes are reading in their reading groups this grading period.  Just this weekend I finished two, and I have I think six to go.  I'm hoping to get them done in two weeks, but the higher level reading might take a little longer.  I've just been reading the fifth grade level books so far.  I will post a list when I'm all done and see if they average a book a week so I can get back on schedule.  They should.  Hey my rules just say a minimum of 100 pages, nothing about reading level.   I did start Tina Fey's new memoir last night, so I'll be working on that intermittently.

Update on the weight loss front:
Yeah, not as successful there.   I did join the gym with the Mom-in-Law, and when I'm there it's good!  It's just the getting there that's the problem.  I'm going to make a major push though.  Trying to go at least four times a week, and we might start zumba soon or something like it.  I do plan on FORCING myself to go during the summer, make it part of my routine.  We'll see how that goes.  So far no weight loss, but hey! at least we're moving in the right direction.

Just four more weeks of school left!  I am SO good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis