Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Winsome, Losesome

Almost two weeks ago now, I wrote out my agenda for Spring Break.  Here is the follow-up to show how NOT productive I was.... or was I?

Agenda for Spring Break, which begins this Friday afternoon:
  1. Finish happiness challenge, or at least really keep up with it  (Failed miserable.  Accomplished nothing with this.  I suck at blogging.  I'm sorry.)
  2. Write and send out ALL thank you notes from the wedding (I'm such a bad bride.)  (One third check - I did all the envelopes, labels, and stamps, and wrote about 10 cards.  I still have quite a ways to go.)
  3. Spend many hours with Rebecca, Phillip, and baby Carter in Fresno (Check!  Well, it was about 7, but it was glorious.  I missed my friends so much!)
  4. Miss Erica, Mat, and baby John LIKE CRAZY!!!   (Major check!  I missed them LIKE CRAZY CRAZY!!!!!!)
  5. Go visit with the parentals some time that week (Check!  I went down to my grandpa's house actually on Saturday so I got to see my family, hang out with Grandpa Jack AND eat dad's killer burgers!)
  6. Eat lunch with the wonderful Mother-in-Law  (Check!  Well, no lunch was involved, but it was even better.  She took me dress shopping!  I got two adorable Easter/Multiple Weddings dresses and my shoes for Erica's wedding.  Hooray!)
  7. Mop the floor and actually put ALL the laundry away (if it'll fit)  (Sorta check.  I didn't mop any floors, but with Graham's help I did get all the laundry put away yesterday!)
  8. Kiss my husband  (Duh!  Like a ton!)
  9. Bake something new (maybe a couple things)  (Check and check!  I made honey bread early in the week and made two lemon meringue pies on Friday morning.  Something I learned this week: Lemon meringue pie should not be stored in the fridge for too long.  They were pretty, but by Easter the crust was complete mush.)
  10. Read at least one book  (Check!  As seen below I read Water for Elephants which was amazing.  I'm going to start Tuesdays with Morrie tonight or tomorrow.  Trying to get back on the wagon.)
  11. Watch the Pride & Prejudice mini-series and not drool too much over vintage Colin Firth  (Fail.  I did finish Samantha Who?, Doctor Who, and Greek though.)
  12. Sleep in!!!  (Check!  I did a bit.  I was finally sleeping until about 10 on Friday.  It was 8 am rises the rest of the week, but it's the not having to set the alarm that is most satisfying.)
  13. And I guess I should probably plan for the final 6 weeks of the year... maybe.  :)  (Yeah, maybe.  I planned out my lessons for the first day back and thought a TINY bit about what to teach for the rest of the year.)
Alright, in addition to this, I also applied to a library job in Sacramento, got my named officially changed at the DMV, did an unhealthy amount of Modcloth shopping, got about 4.5 bottles deep into my 6 bottles of Wine Club wine, and gained two pounds.  I'm sitting here eating my Special K right now and I'm certain that within a week, I may turn this into a dieting blog as well.

Have an awesome Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Tuesdays with Morrie is one of my favs. It's a super easy read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys like crazy, too! We all do! Thanks for the shout out, and sorry I'm just now seeing it, haha. Love you, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis