Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm still happy, I swear!

I get hung up on those happiness challenges that require updated pictures.  When I get home from work, I hit the couch, grab the computer, start the Netflix on the TV, and stay... for four hours.  I don't want to get up and go plug in my camera.  :)  Anyway, this is just a post to say, I am certainly still happy and certainly still challenged every day, but the happiness challenge will continue soon enough.  It IS nice to hear from my hubby and parents and friends that they miss my blog. 

I haven't been reading.  This sucks.  I was finally going to complete a year of a New Year's resolution.  Lame.  I'm starting Water for Elephants this week because Graham and I want to go see the movie soon.  It's in present tense, which always bugs me, but I'll manage.  Anyway, should have an update later.  Maybe I'll read SO much during the summer that I'll be able to average out again.

Work has really been stressful the past couple of weeks, but Counseling has finally worked some magic and will remove one of my most problematic students after Spring Break.  That lowest level class certainly has more challenges without her, but I'm hopeful that things will improve enough to survive the rest of the year.  If anything, I've got a couple students who learned something.  Keep praying for me, though.  It's no picnic.

Agenda for Spring Break, which begins this Friday afternoon:
  1. Finish happiness challenge, or at least really keep up with it
  2. Write and send out ALL thank you notes from the wedding (I'm such a bad bride.)
  3. Spend many hours with Rebecca, Phillip, and baby Carter in Fresno
  4. Miss Erica, Mat, and baby John LIKE CRAZY!!!
  5. Go visit with the parentals some time that week
  6. Eat lunch with the wonderful Mother-in-Law
  7. Mop the floor and actually put ALL the laundry away (if it'll fit)
  8. Kiss my husband
  9. Bake something new (maybe a couple things)
  10. Read at least one book
  11. Watch the Pride & Prejudice mini-series and not drool too much over vintage Colin Firth
  12. Sleep in!!!
  13. And I guess I should probably plan for the final 6 weeks of the year... maybe.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis