Thursday, April 21, 2011

The show must go on.

I finished Water for Elephants yesterday morning.  So good!  Please PLEASE check this book out for something quick but so heartfelt and descriptive.  Sara Gruen went to great lengths in research to create this glimpse into Depression-era circus life, and she is phenomenal.  With the movie coming out this week, definitely try to read the book first.  You know they'll destroy it on screen, plus I'm not overly thrilled with the casting choices.  I have a couple discount Fandango passes that we've been saving for the event, so after the hubby and I go see it next week, I'll let you know.  In the mean time, you can check out my official review up on the book-a-week in review page.

Spring break is officially underway and I'm ready for a change of pace already.  It's mostly because instead of sitting at home in the evening stressing about how much I hate my job, it's not stress all day long about how much I need to keep my job.  It's a scary couple of months ahead of me now, but hopefully we will come out at the end with good news.  Prayers would be most appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis