Monday, January 3, 2011

Nocturnal Vacations

Good morning ;)


Our school district here will always have a special place in my heart.  An extra day at Thanksgiving, three full weeks at Christmas, an extra day at Easter, oh and next year?  A full WEEK at Thanksgiving!  It's awesome!!!  So here we are at the first day of my third week of vacation.

Week 1:
We got married the day after vacation started, so the first week was spent on our rainy but wonderful honeymoon in Oceanside.


Week 2:
We came home just in time for Christmas.  All the craziness of the wedding happened a week before Christmas, so the holiday took a bit of a back burner, which is completely unlike us.  Graham and I are OBSESSED with Christmas, hence why we chose this season to get married.  We did get a nice tree and a few decorations up in my/our apartment before the wedding preparation got too excessive.

 

Graham got the flu just after Christmas, so I spent a lot of afternoons and evenings with my best friend, Netflix.  For most of my college years, I worked on campus, which means I got to use Christmas vacation time as a break from work as well.  I tend to become somewhat nocturnal--sleeping until noon and staying up until 3 or 4.  This year, with Graham's being sick and still having to get up for work at 5:45, I stayed up until 1:30 or 2 most nights.  Sleeping until 10 has been fabulous.   Come New Year's Eve, Graham was feeling much better and got the nice idea to shave his winter beard into a mustache.  It's disgusting, but there are only a few days left until he shaves that off, too.


It's now the first day of week 3, and I suppose it's time to actually be productive beyond laundry and emptying the dishwasher.  Only a week until I'm back in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis