Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Proof of Happiness: Day 12

A description or picture of someone who makes you happy.
The Story Behind It--
These are my favorite people (non-family, of course) in the world.  These are definitely the people that make me happy.
Tiffany is one of my oldest friends, though our friendship didn't really mature and become something great until our first year at Fresno Pacific together.  She was my room mate that year and just the most amazing friend.  Since graduating and moving away, we haven't seen much of each other but I like to think that she will always be one of my dearest friends and certainly about the best human being you could ever meet.
Sarah is my first cousin and so completely sweet.  There is hardly a Christmas memory that doesn't include her, and visits to her house growing up were always so exciting.  We haven't been able to see much of each other as we've grown up, but Christmas Eve at my parents' house would not be what it is without Sarah and her big smile there.
Rebecca is the epitome of sweet and salty, if that makes sense.  Your first impression of her will always be that she is pure sugar in its best form (chocolate of course).  Being around her cheery smile and kind words is all the motivation you could need to put a smile on your face.  She is never without a word of encouragement or a hug to give, and she loves like no one can.  Then after you get to know her, you realize she is so spirited and full of life!  She loves adventure and trying new restaurants and sinking deep into those awesome television dramas or just a great book.  She was born to be a mommy and is just an all-around magnificent person.
Lauren is my little sister but is certainly becoming a woman all her own.  I told her recently that when people ask me how old my sister is, I instinctively want to say "12," even though she'll be 20 in May.  I think I just really liked us when we were 16 and 12.  Now she is all grown up and getting ready to move away to finish school in Sacramento.  She is making big decisions and becoming her own person, someone separate from the world of "Lesley's sister," and I could not be more excited for her.  She will make you laugh for hours, and as we recently learned, she might have a career in children's books.  :)  
Erica is an incredible person.  I met her on my second day at Cold Stone Creamery in June of 2004 and we have been incredibly close ever since.  Work was not dreaded work for me because I got to sing songs with Erica and laugh and have fun while making tips!  It was great!  Since then she has become a complete inspiration to me.  She got pregnant almost two years ago and had to make some major life decisions, all of which I am so proud of her for.  She now has a GORGEOUS 15-month-old son and is busily planning her wedding to Mathew with whom she recently celebrated three years together.  She's moving across the country very soon and I will miss her something extraordinary, but she will always be one of my best friends.
Samantha is just awesome.  She was my suite mate during my sophomore year of college when I was her RA and she was one of my little freshman room mates.  It did not take more than a day or two to become very good friends.  I didn't have many close friends my freshman year there, so it was SO great to meet someone this awesome just a few days in to the new school year.  We both had a life-changing year and made some big decisions and some big mistakes (like all college girls tend to do), but I wouldn't have made it out without Sam.  I moved to Fresno the following year but we both have made a strong effort to visit at least twice a year and it's like time hasn't passed.
and then there's Graham, my rock and my cuddle bear.  Even during our worst of worst fights, there is an anchor in my heart that tells me that this is not the end, that Graham will still be there at the end of this, trying to make me smile.  I have not made it easy for him, but he has lived every day of our relationship trying to make me happy the best and most genuine way that he can.  I need to try harder to learn from his example of love.

1 comment:

ShareThis