Monday, March 28, 2011

Proof of Happiness: Day 14

My apologies for the delay on this.  I have been focused on family this week.  I haven't read more than 50 pages in the last two weeks either.  I need to get back on the horse.  Here is a blog post, and the reading will kick off again tonight.....  as will my new exercise/diet plan.  Gaining ten pounds since my wedding (only three months ago!!!!) is not a great thing.

A conversation that makes you happy.



This is a conversation that occurred with my grandma about 9 months ago.  Graham had just proposed a few days earlier, and we went to visit her for the first time since our engagement.  By this time, Grandma's hearing was very limited, so conversations tended to repeat themselves.  She was always very proud of her air conditioner that Dad put in a few years earlier, so she always talked about that.  Anyway, this day she devled into something deeper than usual.

Me: So, Grandma, we got engaged this week!
Grandma: Yes, I heard!  Your mother told me.
Me: I figured.  We're really excited!
Grandma (to Graham):  Now look here, mister.  You better take care of her.  She is a special gal, and you better be good to her.
Graham: I will.  I know she's great. I will take care of her.  Don't worry.
Grandma: Okay, good.  Now give me a hug.

I found out later that Grandma is the only one to have given Graham any warning like this.  Not even my dad, who has made it his mission to make sure Lauren and I end up the best way we can, said anything to Graham.  It was Grandma Louise who put Graham in his place.  It makes me smile, and it makes me love her more knowing she cared so much.

Don't worry, Grandma.  He's doing a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis