Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Proof of Happiness: Day 5

A song or song lyrics that make you smile

"Wouldn't It Be Nice" by The Beach Boys


The Story Behind It --
This was that song that I would tear up to in high school and college when all I really wanted was a man to hold me for ever and ever.  I was one of those girls who thought every boy I dated was "the one," but it wasn't until Graham that I knew the difference, of course.  This song makes me smile both because it's bubbly Beach Boys, and you can't help but smile; but also because it makes me think of how silly I was back in the day... but how so true this song is now knowing what it's like to be "older and we wouldn't have to wait so long."

1 comment:

  1. The Beach Boys knew what's up :) This was one of my and Jake's songs in high school. We thought it was written especially for us. Love it! :)

    Ps. It's actually going to make a guest appearance at the wedding, but you'll see!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis